Wish people would stop trying to shit on Christmas.
I don’t give a rat’s ass if you celebrate it for the birth of Jesus or if you do it for your family or any other reason in fact. Celebrate it the way you want and if you don’t celebrate it, then leave those who do the fuck alone!
I am so sick of seeing these type of posts that try to rub Christmas in the dirt
The Cunning Folk were professional practitioners of folk magic. In southern England and wales they were known as “conjurers” and in Cornwall they were called “pellers”. The Cunning Folk were Christian and used prayers to Jesus in their magic. Catholics believed that saying Latin prayers and attending Mass could have magical effects.
Cunning folk could make a good living from their talents, and there usually was a set monetary charge for their services. The money they earned meant they were often considered, especially by the better educated, as frauds and tricksters who got money out of the gullible for parlour tricks. They were often employed as Witch-finders, paid to reveal the work of pagan Witches, despite their own craft simply being a Christianised form of Witchcraft.
The Cunning Craft on www.tradcraft.webs.com (via gardenofthequeen) —
Reblog if it’s okay to start talking to you.
I am not just a cryptic pile of hissing snakes! I also talk.
Here are some divination tips I have learned over the years (I have a lot of personal experience with divination):
- When participating in divination, maintain a trance-like and relaxed state in order to connect to the others (e.g., spirits) and your inner power. This is how we access the knowledge.
- Get rid of any personal bias and judgment.
- Make sure your mind is only focused on the question.
- Do not ask the same question over and over again.
- Go with your gut instinct. If something is telling you to, for example, draw a certain card, do it.
- With any form of divination, do not overdo it because you will exhaust the others and/or the cards (cartomancy), for example.
- If you’re using the art of cartomancy and something tells you to interpret the cards by image instead of the traditional meanings of the cards, then interpret them that way.
"Do whatever you need to make yourself feel comfortable and awesome. If that means sitting a certain way, wearing a certain thing, or whatever, do it. It’ll help with the trance-like state." -earthboundspiritualist
If you have any tips, I’d love to hear them and I will also list them here!
You have witchcraft in your lips.
William Shakespeare, Henry V (via natural-magics)
(Source: dreamsinthyme) —